Friday, August 16, 2013

Grovers 2013

We had our yearly family camping trip to Grovers Hot Springs in early July. We were missing a lot of people this year due to new babies, new jobs, school and such, but it was still a great time as usual.

 One of my favorite things about camping is hanging out by the creek. It is so relaxing, and I love watching Alex just playing and enjoying nature.
The boys can usually be found playing hacky sack. Now that Alex is older he tries to join in... and his sweet cousins let him.
Lesley gave Lorna and I Grovers Hot Springs shirts for our birthdays, what a great gift!




Steph and I trying to psyche ourselves out before jumping into the cold water!











The nightly campfire.

Alex is in heaven with all the boy cousins there to play with!
The whole crew. I always feel a little sad when it's time to leave. Grovers is such a big part of the Eide family legacy. It's a special time to be together as a family, to put everyday cares out of your mind for a few days, and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery. I'm still hoping one of the grandkids will name one of their future children Grover, but I'm not sure if there will be any takers.
 

0 comments: