Thursday, August 29, 2013

1st Day of 1st Grade

Alex started first grade last week and I'm happy to say that so far, so good. He is happy to go every morning and reports that he had a great day every afternoon. He switched schools this year and is going to the elementary school that Steph and Jordan went to. So far I am really happy with the change, it kind of feels like "going home", as corny as that sounds. His teacher, Mrs. Beecher is only in her second year of teaching but I've heard good things and am impressed so far. It's strange to have him gone all day, but it's kind of nice to get more sleep after my night shifts. Ok, it's reallly  nice!

We scored big with Alex's new lunchbox. He is obsessed with Beyblades! I thought he looked so handsome in his first day of school outfit. I wonder how many more years I'll get to dictate what he wears without him caring....
I am sorry to say that as of the other day, these gorgeous curls are history. And yes, tears were shed. (Mine, not Alex's, he could care less.) There is an unfortunate story as to the demise of those curls that I was so in love with, but I'm trying to move on from my post traumatic stress, so I'm not going to expound upon it at this time.

Alex was so excited when he found out he'd be at the same school as "his best church friend" Sawyer. They aren't in the same class but it sounds like they play together most every recess.

It's kind of fun to think that Steph was in this same classroom 15 years ago. I just found out that I'm going to be the head room representative for Alex's class. I told Steph she's going to have to help me, she's very creative with coming up with crafty ideas. Pinterest here we come.  (Sidenote: As I was typing, Alex was looking at this picture and told me that there is now another student sitting between him and the boy on Alex's left. Apparently the two boys were doing too much talking. Something I'm pretty sure never happened to Steph when she was in this classroom!)  

0 comments: