In my previous post, I talked about Steph being accepted to the University of Utah, and how we were hoping she'd be able to get some scholarships. We received an answer to a prayer when Steph was informed that she was one of the recipients of the Pastor France Davis Scholarship Fund! Pastor Davis is the pastor of Calvary Chapel Baptist Church in Salt Lake and is a great man who contributes much to the community, especially on behalf of African Americans in Utah. He has done a lot for the Lilly family over the years, especially when Steve's mom passed away. We were thrilled to find out that Steph will receive $2500 per semester in her freshman year, which should be enough to cover tuition! Can I get an AMEN and Hallelujah?!
At a special dinner last Friday, each student was presented and a brief bio of their accomplishments and educational goals were read by Dr. Ron Coleman, a professor at the U.
It Is Enough
6 years ago




7 comments:
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!
That's Great news Lana!
That's AWESOME! Tell Steph congrats! I heard Alex enjoyed that night too. :)
way to go stephenie! that is awesome news!!
That is WONDERFUL!!!! Congrats to Steph!! She deserves it, and she will have SO MUCH FUN!!
Amen, sistah! Praise the Lord! I'm so excited she got that awesome scholarship! That should help out a ton! The U is so pricey :( But I love it there and I know she'll love it there too!
Absolutely incredible!! That is a HUGE scholarship!! And very well deserved. Congrats!!
I LOVE PASTOR DAVIS! I got to meet him and his whole family when I helped photograph his son's wedding! GO STEPH!
Post a Comment