Monday, December 14, 2009

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY THIS YEAR....

Christmas, as far as I'm concerned, came a few weeks early on December 12, which is when Steve got baptized!! We're all so excited for him and he is so happy and enthusiastic and so eager to continue to learn and grow. Steve asked my brother Brett to baptize him. (He also warned Brett that if he dropped him, he was taking Brett down with him!) We all breathed a sigh of relief that he was successful on the first try.

I'm so grateful that my parents and brother were able to make short notice plans to be out here from California to share this special day with us, along with all our local friends and family.


It was great to have Jordan be there with us...I think this is the first "all 5 of us" family pic we've taken in a long time!



These are our two missionaries that have become like part of our family. We adore these guys.




Love these 3 gorgeous kids and love this picture...





10 comments:

Kelly said...

ahhhh.....it makes me cry! What a wonderful day for you, Steve and the kids, and your parents, and your brother and everyone!! I'm thrilled for you!

April Kennedy said...

tears of joys streaming down my face. Congrats, Steve! You are on a wonderful journey. And those two missionaries will forever hold a special place in your family's heart. We still talk about our missionaries.

Merry Christmas!

Bowen Family said...

Congratulations Steve!! We are sure proud of you and are so grateful for your friendship!

dorneys said...

Cute pictures. I haven't stopped talking about you guys :) It was great to be there and be part of Steves new journey. What a great day for all of you. You have some great looking kids :)

Kristin said...

That was such a wonderful day! I'm so glad Ben and I could be there to witness it. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve. What a great day for your family!!

Unknown said...

I am a constant lurker on your blog. Whenever I see your family visisting the Napa second ward, it's like celebrities come to visit. I have enjoyed reading about your family and seeing the gorgeous pictures. Just reading about Steve accepting the gospel made me cry like the RS sappy sister that I am (yes, I am the one that gets up to speak and waves the tears away) Congratulations! Now, I shall return to obscurity and proably never comment again. But, someday I may gain the courage to introduce myself the next time you are visiting your parents...

Silvia said...

I'm so happy for all of you. What a great day! Thank you for sharing the pics (which by the way, are gorgeous!)

Jer + Lu said...

CONGRATS!! That is SO exciting!! I was totally shocked when I read your Christmas card. What an awesome event for your family :)

Unknown said...

Your kids are so freaking gorgeous! Congrats to Steve...and to you...and your entire family. Love you forever!