Steve's dad recently came from Mississippi to visit for a few weeks. He moved there right after Steve's mom died a year ago, and everyone was really happy to see him. He'll be 84 years old in a few days, but acts more like he's 64. In fact, one day he had me drop him off at Wal Mart and insisted that he walk home. It's at least a 5 mile drive, so I felt horrible leaving him there, but he's pretty stubborn so I didn't know what else to do. I think he just tries to stay super busy to keep from being lonely. It's hard for Steve to say good bye, knowing that it's a possibility he may not see him again if something were to happen, but like Steve said, he may just out live us all!
It Is Enough
6 years ago

3 comments:
How sweet! He does not look like he's 84!
how fun! I would've never guessed he's 84... more like what you said: in the 60's if that! I havent seen my grandparents in 9+ years so I know how Steve feels :)
Grandad's are the BEST. What an adorable bunch!
Post a Comment