Saturday, November 15, 2008

"The Tale of the Sucker" by Alex Lilly

When I was barely 16 months old, my mommy gave me a sucker for the first time. Here I am thinking, "Hmmm, what's this red thing all about?"

"Hey, this is pretty good! I can't believe she's been holding out on me all this time!"


"I'm getting too sticky? What does that mean?"


"What the heck! Did she just throw my sucker in the garbage?"


"Oh the horror, the tragedy, the injustice!" I may be little, but I know how to get even. Just wait till about three o'clock this morning when I decide it's time to play, Mom.
And Mommy did not sleep happily ever after. The End.




10 comments:

Rachelle said...

You are so funny! Alex's face at the end is pure sadness. What a cutie.

Kym + Marco said...

That is hilarious! Isn't it funny how dramatic they are?

Southern Belle said...

That crying picture is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen... that sounds so mean, but it is so cute to see crying pictures of little kids!

April Kennedy said...

Ok....loved the tale of a sucker! too funny and cute.....and sad...poor guy...but stickiness....ewwww. I agree...to the garbage.

Unknown said...

OH the tears. I had a post like this about Emm SO long ago...the face...love it.

Bowen Family said...

I love his little screaming face! They are so cute, no matter what emotions they are experiencing! I loved the Halloween pictures too - what a great little guy!

dorneys said...

If that is not the funniest face ever. I love it. Poor thing. I am happy to see that he acts like that.:):):) He is normal......

The Lymans said...

I love his face in the crying picture! You are much better than I am at keeping sweets away from him. I've already let David get a taste of suckers. Such drama!

Kelly said...

What a great story! It's woth publishing! I love him looking for the sucker in the garbage.

Michelle said...

That is such a great post! What a darling little boy. You're having way too much fun. I had a dream the other night that we moved back in our old house. The first thing I said in my dream was, "I need to call Lana and tell her that I'm her new neighbor!" Funny, huh?