Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Little Steeler Who Stole My Heart

I tried to make Alex a dinosaur for Halloween, but he hated the big, heavy costume with the hood that swallowed his little head. Plan B...I came up with this idea because I knew he wouldn't even realize he was wearing a costume. Alex, a football player? Yeah, I know, it's so predictable, but you gotta admit he sure looks adorable!

'The Ref' had to throw a flag against Alex, for personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct! (Both of which are a common occurence between the two, as I've mentioned before, he hates her attempts to hug him, squeeze him, kiss him, etc.)

Steve made his shoulder pads out of a thick, long sock. I love the way his diaper makes it look like he has the butt pads on.


Getting ready to call some plays.



Mommy had to represent her Bay Area pride by wearing her 49'ers jersey, much to the scoffing of Steve, the life long Steelers fan.
Alex got to go trick or treating at the high school with all the preschool kids, we went through a bunch of classrooms where teachers handed out candy. That was my favorite part, showing him off and hearing all the teenage girls, "Oh, he's sooo cute!" (Not very humble of me, I know, but it's true!)
Last night we took him to a few houses in the neighborhood. I think this is the first Halloween ever in Utah that I've gone trick or treating in short sleeves and flip flops...it was great!




10 comments:

Rachelle said...

He is so cute!! He looks so big in that football costume. I was in LOVE with the weather too. If only it could last...

Southern Belle said...

yeah he is SO adorable! And the picture with Steph in the ref jersey and him is awesome! How fun!! I can't wait to have my little baby to play with!!

Brett & Honnelore said...

Alex looks very adorable! I don't blame you for wanting to go and show him off. I would want to too. I have to agree with the loving the great weather last night. It was so nice not to have to worry about keeping kids warm and ruining their costumes with big coats.

April Kennedy said...

He looks so cute with all his 'padding'! We trick or treated in warm weather too. It was a really nice evening!

Kym + Marco said...

I love his costume, I think he looks awesome! The one with Steph as the referee is perfect. Hope to see you soon,

The Waldron Family said...

OOOOhhhh where did you get that costume? I love it! Gary would be jealous. we had a little football player too, but blue and yellow (boring).

Jer + Lu said...

What a perfect costume! I agree, his little tush even fits the part :)

The Buckley's said...

He looks like a natural in that costume, I think you might have a football player in the works! I love the diaper butt, its too cute!

The Lymans said...

He is so very cute! And the weather was awesome!

Unknown said...

Such fun costumes and photos! He is ADORABLE...I secretly love it when people tell me how cute my kids are...wasn't Halloween so nice?