Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer Days, Driftin' Away...

This time of year, towards the end of August I get downright panicked that the summer is almost over. I often lament over the "woulda, coulda, shoulda's" of all the things I hoped to do before the summer began. Thus, here is documentation, primarily for my own sake, that we did do a few fun things... (outside of the obvious trip to California).
Went to a cool new park with a fun splash pad.
Alex enjoyed his swimming lessons, particularly on the last day when he got to go down the slide. (Steph was slightly jealous that Alex got to sit on the cute lifeguard's lap!)
We went to Herriman Beach 3 times, and even got Steve to go with us once. (no easy feat!)
 
Last weekend we went up Little Cottonwood Canyon and took a nice little hike. Nothing like the beauty and fresh air of the mountains. I was kicking myself that it took till August to finally get around to doing something I enjoy so much.

Of course, we've also done some of the small and simple things we enjoy in the summertime, going to the local pool a number of times, walking to the gas station to buy Icees, lots of barbecuing. I promise to soak in each moment of these next few weeks, and not allow myself to feel sad that I have to wait another 9 months for summer to roll back around. Ok, maybe not promise, but I will do my best!

0 comments: