Sunday, March 4, 2012

Meet Flippy Thomas Jerry

I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of the Lilly family, and Alex's first ever pet. His full name is Flippy Thomas Jerry Thomas Jerry Flippy, a name chosen by Alex, but we usually just call him Flippy for short. Getting a little fish may not seem like a big deal, but coming from someone who has had an aversion to fish (dead or alive) her entire life, this is quite monumental. I even help Alex feed Flippy, although you'd better believe I only slide the lid open by about 2 centimeters to ensure that Flippy does not jump out. When I was Alex's age, my sister Lesley was babysitting her friend's two goldfish, and she accidentally dropped the glass bowl on our bedroom floor. The bowl shattered and those 2 fish flipped and flopped all over the hardwood floor. I've been traumatized ever since. However, being the good mother that I try to be, I put my fears aside and agreed to let Alex get this fish... with the understanding that any cleaning or flushing of dead fish down the toilet fall under Steve's jurisdiction. I'm not that good of a mother!

3 comments:

The Lymans said...

You are a GREAT mother for allowing something you have a big aversion to inside the house! Love the fish's name. Too cute!

Jer + Lu said...

Oh, Lana... you make me laugh! Glad you were able to overcome your unreasonable fear + get the poor boy a fish! I love that you're even scared to feed him. LOL.

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, I love it. Hilarious!