Seems like just yesterday we were dropping Steph off for her first day of kindergarten....
I think we were all too nervous to think about taking a picture as she was leaving.
I'm proud to report that she conquered her fears and had a successful, non-traumatic, and dare I say positive experience this week as a college girl.
***
What did we ever do before cell phones? I think we spoke on the phone about 15 times through the course of that first day... reminding her how to get to such and such a building, chewing her out when she refused to walk in to her first class cause she was late, praising her for taking the initiative to go talk to a counselor, being excited for her as she went to the Union and ate her first "college lunch".
My favorite moment of the day was when she commented as she was traversing across campus (and it is a huge campus!).... "I feel kinda cool!"
***
Yes Stephenie, in my book, you are very, very cool!


2 comments:
Go Steph (and Lana--even college still requires some mothering)!
I can't believe my little Dominy is off to college. I mean I can't deweve it!
Post a Comment