Friday, August 20, 2010

Goodbye Summer.....

Just a few things that have been going on in this last (sniff, sniff) month of summer.... Steve in front of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. This was his first time going to do baptisms at the temple since he was baptized himself. It was really cool.

We went to a church campout in Wallsburg (which is named after one of my ancestors, holla!)

Alex had a blast with all the kids there.


A family get together at my sister's house, where she made homemade delicious melt in your mouth scones.


Alex is getting more and more brave on the cousins' tramp.


Alex and Justin "helping" Sissy make cookies.


Maybe we'll see Steph on a Food Network "challenge" show one day. She's got some mad cookie decorating skills.

Kearns cookies for Justin... West cookies for her dad. Yes, it's that time of year again.


I have a wonderful nephew Mika, who is so good with Alex. He watched Alex for me the night Steph and I went to Jack Johnson. It was Alex's first "sleepover" away from home and the report was that he did great!

Steph and I before Jack Johnson. It was a great concert!


I had to work a few nights during the time Steve was out of town this past week, so Steph had to play Mommy and hold down the fort. Apparently, she also played party hostess. This was an impromptu "last get together before people leave for college" gathering at our house. I was at work that night. It's all good though, Alex was there to chaperone!

I can't believe another summer has so quickly come to an end. Can I just do like the bears and sleep through the winter? Wake me up in March!

3 comments:

dorneys said...

Awesome cookies ~ holy cow! Glad you had fun at the concert. So sad to see summer coming to an end. I love this hot weather and "no school" Gald Alex was there to make sure everyone behaved at the party:) Yummy home made scones, way to go Lorna.

Southern Belle said...

Those cookies are awesome! I want to eat them!

Kristin said...

I feel the same way. I'm looking forward to fall but not a cold, cold winter!