Last weekend we were lucky to be able to go out to California for my niece Cessiley's wedding. She was married in the Sacramento Temple. (these pictures are so out of sequence, I always get all fouled up when I'm trying to post several photos)
Steph and I posing... the grounds were beautiful. Unfortunately, the weather was so cold that day, but at least the rain held off until the next day.
Taking a nap on Uncle Brett... too much excitement for one day!
Yes, the idea of leopard print and hot pink as a color scheme took a bit of getting used to, but really it turned out so cute! Cess has always had her very own unique sense of style, and it suited her perfectly.
This would have been a fantastic picture of us in front of the temple, but Mr. Alexander pics the most inopportune moments to be a cheeseball.
Alex has always liked Cessiley, but I don't think he quite knew what to think about all the commotion so he looks a little wary!
These bridesmaids all looked so adorable. You can't really tell from the picture, but Cess has on leopard print shoes!
My nephew Adam with his little shadow, Alex. Alex looooves Adam and asks to go to his house every day.
My brother and two sisters... Lesley was a little hesitant about the "shocking pink" fabric that Cess picked for her dress, but I think she looks fantastic.Just a little sidenote... contrary to my appearance in this photo, I am not with child, I just eat too much of my mom's good cooking when I go home!
Springtime in the Bay Area can be just about as fickle as it is here in Utah. Our first day there, it was absolutely gorgeous, I just lounged in the backyard and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my skin for the first time in months. Wouldn't you know, by Monday when it was time to go home, we were having to decide if we'd even be able to make it over Donner's Pass because of the snow?!
In spite of the weather, I'm really grateful we were able to be there and spend time with family. In the end, that's really what matters most, isn't it?!

5 comments:
Your pictures turned out great! I'm so glad Ben and I were able make it (and I'm glad we all made it home alive).
Those are some brave bridesmaids! I love it!!
Steph! Let Steve take the kids! You will miss him, but then you will love him even more when he gets back:) It was really a great break and a great week all to myself!! I think you should let him do it!!
Okay I am dumb and I was thinking about it later in the day and I was like, "did I call her Stephanie on her blog???" I promise I DO know your name!!! So erase what I said before and what I mean is "LANA, it has been way too long since we have seen you guys!" haha... sorry about that!!
Leopard + hot pink?! That was a bold move-- but you know what?- she totally pulled it off! I think it looks super cool!
ps-you do NOT look like you're with child! you totally crack me up little miss California blonde bombshell!!
Post a Comment