So, I know this may seem like old news by now, but I just hadn't had time this week to write about the inauguration. Since I never write in a journal, and I'm not much of a scrapbooker, I figure I'd better use my blog to at least record my feelings about that day.
I don't want to ramble on, because I know we've all read or heard the commentaries regarding this historic day. So I guess what sums it up best is just that my heart was so full as I watched President Obama's inauguration. First and foremost as an American, but also certainly as the mother of children with an African American heritage. To know that as he grows up, in Alex's mind it will never even be a question as to whether there could ever be a black president. But I certainly will be sure to teach him all that his ancestors endured so that he will know and understand the significance.
My prayers are with President Obama, as he has such a tumultuous road ahead of him. How exciting though, to see how many Americans have so much hope for the good that he will hopefully do. I was impressed with his speech, and how he's also calling on us as a country to do better and be better.
P.S. I think Michelle rocks, she is going to be one classy first lady!!
It Is Enough
6 years ago

4 comments:
Yes! I hope he really DOES change this country, and it's not just "talk". And for sure about Mrs. Obama- she is so fashionable!
I love her already! And especially loved that pea green brocade dress and jacket she had on. I am also looking forward to a younger family in the White House and watch the girls grow up.
He does bring so much hope to many Americans and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on that historic day and wished I hadn't been afraid of being prejudice in a reverse type of way to not enjoy it even more for what it was.
I like Michelle Obama too. It was a historic day. Glad to have been a part of it in some small way.
Such an awesome milestone!! And I agree-- we've got a new Jackie O!
Post a Comment