We're so glad Steph decided to play basketball again this year. It's such a great program that is rich in tradition and promotes a lot of camaraderie among the girls.
She continues to improve, and that shy little girl who used to try and stay off to the sides in her Jr. Jazz games now actually commits a foul or two each game!
Perhaps one of the biggest challenges is that the head JV coach is none other than...her dad. It can be tricky trying to keep separation between dad/daughter and coach/player, but so far they've done really well and are having a positive experience.
I love this expression on her face, this is during Varsity warmups and she's probably staring down a girl from the other team that ticked her off during the JV game. Steve was excited because he said last night was the most aggressive he's seen her play. I guess a little anger will do ya good now and then!
We're so proud of her and are relishing these moments because we know they'll be over so quickly! (Ok, now I will end this post before I get completely sappy...)
1 comments:
Awww...brings me back to high school basketball games! They were fun!!!
So when did black mid calf dress socks become popular with basketball shoes? I missed the memo!....she looks like a grandpa from the calf down...but I trust her style and it must be 'in'! For basketball at least. Good thing I don't play!
Post a Comment