Saturday, October 11, 2008

Homecoming Dance




Tonight was Kearns' Homecoming Dance. After much blood, sweat and tears, Steph finally found a dress just a few days before the dance. Good news...it was only $20.00!! Bad news...it was waaay too short. I figured we could just let the hem down to make it longer. Well, I really did not inherit my mother's talent as an excellent seamstress, because as I got to looking at the hem I realized that just would not work. Fortunately, the modesty gods were on our side this week and my mom just happened to fly into town yesterday. I handed her the dress, some sequined fabric and off she went to work her magic. She added on the black strip of material at the bottom of the dress and it turned out really cute!
Steph is on the Student Activities Committee and was super busy all week with Homecoming activities, went to the game last night and had to be at the school at 6:00 a.m. this morning to decorate for the dance. Soooo...let's hope she wasn't so exhausted from the past week that she is crashing and burning at the dance right now. Guess I'll find out in a few hours. I'll tell you what though, after all the stress we went through this week getting ready for the dance, if she doesn't walk in the house with a smile on her face and a positive report...I might just lose it!
(if you're reading this Steph...I love you!)

8 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Glad it all worked out! Thank goodness for Moms! Can't wait to get the full report...

The Buckley's said...

Oh' the joys of being the parent of a teenager! Maybe I do want another boy? Hope I get to work with you soon!

Southern Belle said...

how cute:) I am so excited to help my daughter get ready for dances!! Hopefully in 16 years when I actually get to I will still be excited...

April Kennedy said...

Before I read your posting I noticed right away the length of Stephenie's dress and thought...lucky you..dresses are sooo freaking short these days...especially that style! Thank goodness for moms/grandmas. She looks beautiful.

Vintages' Homecoming was Friday night. We went to the football game. It was fun...always lots of memories. They now crown King and Queen at the football game and there is NO dance afterwards. So lame. Get all dressed up for what? A football game. I, too, would love to be the cheerleading coach and activities director to make it like the good ole days of the late 80's!

Kaia cannot figure out what to be for Halloween. Do you think your parents still have those coneheads!?

Kym + Marco said...

She looks great, and what a steal! I too have never picked up the sewing skill, thank goodness for mothers!

Brett & Honnelore said...

Beautiful girl! I love the dress! Hope she had a great time.

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE DRESS. You guys find the best stuff...seriously Steph has the best style. Why oh why do I feel old when I see these pictures of her? I can't handle it.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful girl! I still can't believe she's old enough to go to dances!!!