As I mentioned in my last post, my parents flew out last Friday. We were able to get together at my sister's house to celebrate my Dad's birthday. Alex ate up all the attention he got from everyone and has such fun cousins that play with him, even though they're all quite a bit older.
The BEST was on Tuesday morning when my parents came to my house and watched Alex while I slept. (I worked Monday night.) I slept 3 1/2 straight hours without interruption, it was heavenly!
A cute sidenote about my Dad...when my little bro was on his mission to Panama, my Dad basically taught himself how to speak Spanish. He's become extremely proficient, takes Spanish classes at the college, helps run church meetings for Spanish speakers, and takes advantage of any opportunity to talk with anyone who will speak Spanish with him. My cute niece Cessiley has now given him his new name..."Abuelo".

3 comments:
Love the abuelo...I totally knew it was "grandpa"! Jeannie Kortz is now known in our family actually as "Abuela Jeannie" and I'm not quite sure how it started but it has stuck!
Alex is a very cute boy. Halloween is such a fun time. I love the post about your parents. That's incredible about your dad and him teaching himself Spanish. I guess I don't have any excuses and should get busy.
Your parents are adorable. SO FUN!
Post a Comment