Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas 2013

For the Christmas music program at school the 1st graders did a number about how Santa used a zebra to pull his sleigh when he went to deliver toys in Africa (or something to that effect). Each 1st grader was supposed to sign up to come up with a costume for the number. Alex had his heart set on being a lion, and this is what I came up with, with Steph's help. I thought he looked pretty cute.
Even though he is now 6 1/2 years old, I still love finding cute outfits for Alex for the holidays. I thought he looked quite dapper in his plaid bow tie.
On Christmas Eve, we all got together at my brother's house for a Mexican fiesta of epic proportions. Sooo delicious!
We finally got a good picture of our family! Unfortunately, when said picture is taken on Christmas Eve, it's a little too late to use it for Christmas cards :(

I'm sure all the older nieces and nephews were simply thrilled that my sister and I insisted on our traditional re-enactment of the nativity. We don't want our youngest to miss out, so we make the older ones play along. Apparently, the wise man in the crimson is a little camera shy. I wonder if he was paranoid that his aunt just might post these pictures on facebook?!
A 44 year old Joseph and a 17 year old Mary may in other circumstances seem a tad creepy, but in our family whomever is willing to take the starring roles... we just go with it.
The whole cast.
This little stinker hopped out of bed and ran into the family room before we had a chance to get in there and get the camera and video camera poised and ready to capture that magic moment. Oh well. Alex got a cool light saber that lights up and has sound effects. Also, a new scooter that is blending in with the Christmas tree in this picture.
He still loves koalas, and asked Santa for one (meaning a live one), but Australia was fresh out of live koalas, so this one will have to do.
Grandma made Alex this adorable pillow case. He also got a really nice koala book. It was a great Christmas!

2 comments:

Bowen Family said...

What a cute, cute family! We sure love you guys!

Janice Eide said...

Love all the pictures. Wish we could have been part of the nativity. Can't believe the olders went along with it - but I loved it. There was one young lady I don't believe was an Eide, Lilly or Kujanpaa.???

Thanks for all your posts. I also love the comments you make with each pictures.