I spend the winter months curled up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, head under a blanket until those first rays of sunshine finally come to save me. Ok, that's an exaggeration, (with a sliver of truth behind it), but truly I live and breathe for the summer. So much so, that I strive to take advantage of as many opportunities as possible to make the most of this time.
I've been trying to take Alex to the park, on walks, swimming. We spent a day in Park City. Last weekend we went on a hike to Donut Falls, which was really pretty, but we couldn't get very close due to how much water there still is.
Do you like his new haircut? It wasn't what I wanted, but it's nice for the summer. My mom thinks he looks like a Marine. Stephenie thinks he looks like "The Situation" from Jersey Shore. I like my mom's comparison much better.
Alex just finished his first swimming lessons ever. He did really well and never complained about going. His lessons were at Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center, where they have a huge outdoor pool area. I was excited to go catch a few rays for half an hour each day during his lesson. I was disappointed (although my skin will thank me) when we got there and found out lessons where indoors at the competition pool.




1 comments:
We're totally opposite, I can't ever wait for the fall. It looks like you've been having a fun summer though. I had planned to get my kids in swim lessons this summer but I haven't done anything about it yet. I've heard Kearns Rec. Center is the best place. Have you liked it? Maybe I'll send my kids over to you for summer fun, I wish they were worn out like Alex is. Enjoy your summer, there is some left yet.
Post a Comment