My sister Lorna and I are 10 years apart in age. That means that at the dawn of a new decade in our lives, we may be slightly traumatized, but at least we go through it together. This year, I turned 40 in March and she turned 50 in April. (I feel slightly guilty for divulging her age, but she looks fantastic for a 50 year old who has given birth to 8 kids, so I don't feel too bad!) Feeling the effects of time on our figures, we've both been trying to get into running lately. I thought it would be fun to do a race (I use the term "race" quite figuratively...), so we signed up for the Taylorsville Dayzz 5k.
We certainly weren't frontrunners, but we ran the whole thing without stopping which was our goal.

We stayed afterwards to watch the parade. Being a citizen of Taylorsville, I was slightly embarassed at the quality of this year's parade. Soooo drawn out and boring. At least Adam and Alex didn't seem to mind. I guess as long as candy gets thrown at you at some point in time it's considered a success!



4 comments:
I'd say you guys look more like 20 and 30. :) Way to go!
Awesome!! Love to see runners out + about :) Way to go! + I agree-- you two look decades younger!!
Congrats to you! What a great way to celebrate decade birthdays!
Congratulations ~ way to go! You both look fabulous. Cute shoes too :)
Post a Comment