I was sooo excited to surprise Alex by taking him to Heber Valley Railroad for "A Day Out With Thomas". We didn't tell him where we were going, we just let him figure it out as we approached the railroad and he saw the signs.
It was pretty cool, they had the inside of the train decorated with Thomas characters and had Thomas music playing. It was so cute to watch Alex sing along.



Alex got to meet Sir Topham Hatt. We were pretty impressed that Alex wasn't the least bit apprehensive about going up to him.One of Alex's favorite parts of the day was going to The Dairy Keen in Heber for lunch afterwards. They have a miniature track that runs the perimeter of the wall of the restaurant, with a Thomas train chugging along.
I'm so glad we got to take Alex, he is more than ever completely obsessed with Thomas and trains, and this is such a perfect age for this sort of thing. Alex's only complaint was that as we were leaving, Alex said goodbye to Thomas, but Thomas didn't say goodbye back! I told Alex that I saw Thomas wink at him. Next year I'll have to have a talk with Thomas about his manners!


3 comments:
Looks like Alex had a great time! I'm so happy that you ended up taking him. It is quite impressive to meet Thomas after all! Hope to work with you soon and hear all about it!
I am going to have to get up there for that because David loves Thomas, too. What a fun time!
too cute ~ I hear it is really fun. Glad he had so much fun. Way cute hair Lana. I love it. School is over, life is a little back to normal so I should be able to do lunch :)
Post a Comment