My two June babies were born exactly 15 years and 2 weeks apart... June 14 and June 28. The day before Alex's birthday, my sister and her family were at our house because my brother-in- law Paul ordained Steve as an Elder at church that day. We took advantage of having some of Alex's favorite cousins there and had some early birthday cake.
Can't believe this little guy is 3 years old!
The next day, his actual birthday, he got to open his presents. This was such a fun year because it was the first time he knew enough of what was going on to really tear into his gifts and get excited.
Notice the wardrobe change from the previous picture? As soon as he saw this Thomas shirt he had to put it on.
His first tricycle (a Thomas one, how perfect!). He hasn't quite mastered the cycling skills, but we're working on it. Notice Thomas and Percy hitching a ride on the back?
And more Thomas.....
On Steph's 18th birthday (on the 14th), she requested an ice cream cake. We searched for one that didn't cost an arm and a leg, but ran out of time before it was time to go out for her birthday dinner. Then I later remembered my mom making ice cream cakes when I was a kid, so I thought I'd give it a try. Steph wanted white cake with Cookies and Cream ice cream. It's not the prettiest cake I've ever made, but it was pretty tasty.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday to them!! You did a great job on the cakes! They look so good.
Gotta love the Thomas gear and the Lightning McQueen cake! I can't believe Alex is 3, where has the time gone..our babies are getting too big!
I'm sad I had to work when Steve was ordained. That's so exciting! We had so much fun camping with you guys. :)
David loves Thomas, too. The cakes look delicious! I still can't believe Alex is 3!
Way to go on the cake! I bet it was delicious!! I can't believe Alex is 3! I still remember the day I found out you were expecting :) And Steph 18!! Even crazier. Happy birthday to your kiddos!
Post a Comment