Sunday, April 20, 2008

SLC Marathon





Alex ran, or should I say strolled in his first 5K yesterday for the Salt Lake City Marathon. Steph and I first did it 2 years ago and had so much fun we decided to make it a tradition. I had to sit out last year because I was 7 months pregnant, but Steph did it with a friend. This year Little Man joined us and I told Steve next year he'll be out there too, no excuses! Anyways, I was nervous that half way through Alex would be sick of sitting in the stroller and be crying the rest of the race, but he was quite the angel. I think he was so entertained by all the people running, plus he took a little nap during the second mile. Unfortunately, Steve saw me almost cause a 3 stroller pile up about 100 yards short of the finish line and will probably never let me forget it! All in all, it was a lot of fun and hopefully will jump start me into getting in better shape, especially with swimsuit season approaching....SCARY!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, Lana! I'm so envious! I should have just done it too. I wasn't prepared though. Congrats on completing it. What a blast. These races are my passion. I feel like I was there with you!

Bowen Family said...

Yeah - good job! That is such a fun thing to do with Stephenie. What a beautiful girl! It made me homesick to see Gateway in the background! Again, congratulations!

Rachelle said...

Wow! What a great tradition. Congratulations finishing. I am so horrible at running. Might I add you look wonderful already!

Rachelle said...

Sorry, thats supposed to say "Congratulations ON finishing" :)

The Lymans said...

Way to go, Lana! You inspire me! I need to get back in shape. What a great tradition. You guys look great!

The Waldron Family said...

WOW Good for you! Very inspiring! My idea of a marathon is walking to the part with the kids...maybe I should go a little further,

Sarah Smith said...

I was planning on coming to SLC to run the half marathon but I broke my toe and couldn't train for it....It looks like you guys had a great time!

Unknown said...

I love it! You totally rawk Lady. Way to go. You look AMAZING btw! Your family is SO gorgeous.

Tess Miller said...

Lana! Thanks for showing me your site, and thanks for helping me try to fix mine. I'll have to keep my eye on you here since I never see you at work anymore.
Beautiful pics of a beautiful family. Evey

The Buckley's said...

Way to go! Thats awesome Lana! I'm definitely inspired! And what a fun tradition to start! I've been up to LDSH 3 times in the last two weeks....where have you been??? Hopefully I'll see you soon!!!

April Kennedy said...

Lana, I was so excited and so embarrassed at the same time that you found me on myspace....shhhh don't tell everyone! Actually we are just starting a blog too! Still working on it, trying to find the time to try to keep it current! It is 4kennedys.blogspot.com! Enjoy, as I know I will enjoy keeping caught up with yours! Congrats on the marathon...I completed my first sprint triathlon last October and am starting to prepare for this years....scary. Well it will be fun to keep in touch this way. By the way, little man is darling!!

Love, April and fam

P.S. I started myspace for a couple of Big Brother chat friends...then found blogspot right after...so that's my story and Im stickin to it!

Brett & Honnelore said...

Nice job! That's a great tradition. You look fabulous!

Jer + Lu said...

Way to go, Lana! Addicting, isn't it? Stroller accidents are the worst though... watch it!