I was watching an interview on t.v. with singer/songwriter Hilary Weeks this morning. She said something that really struck me. One day while on a lunch date with her little girl she had a thought come to mind. She said, "I will spend eternity knowing Callie as an adult, but right here, right now, tonight and for the next few precious years I will know her as a child. What a gift to know the children in our lives as children." This thought really touched me, and just at that moment as if on cue, Steph and Alex walked in the room with a Mother's Day card that Steph helped Alex make. Steph wrote down the reasons Alex says that he loves me. A few of those were...
*Because I love hers so much.
*He is my Mohyer (mother).
*He kisses me on my cheek. (Alex gets a little mixed up with his pronouns!)
*I missed chu.
Steph told him he needed to write a letter so Alex instructed her to write "x. eodf."
I struggled to read it without getting choked up. Funny how the simple words of a 3 year old can mean so much.
It Is Enough
6 years ago

5 comments:
That is so sweet! You have such beautiful kids!
That is so sweet Lana! I really liked that quote too.
Oh my goodness, how sweet! That is a really interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing!
Oh how sweet ~ what a great sister!!
That is the sweetest thing ever!
Post a Comment