Over the fourth of July, we made our 'sometimes-annual' camping trip to Grover Hot Springs in California with my family, we had every one there except for one niece and one nephew... not an easy feat. We had one heck of a caravan venturing across the vast and "picturesque" (haha) stretch of I-80 through Nevada, as half of us were travelling from Utah. That's when you know you love your family, driving for 10 hours to go camping for 3 days. A daunting task, but so worth it in the end... a marvelous time was had by all.
A few of us getting ready to go on a hike. I gained a new appreciation for the pioneers as we all took turns carrying Alex on our backs.

I was freaking out as we were crossing this creek on the log and watching Alex being handed off from Steve to my brother. Of course, Alex thought it was great fun.

Alex had it made, lounging in the raft as I waded in water that quite certainly had to have been freshly melted snow...

Attempting to climb these rocks with the waterfall rushing down on me was tough. I haven't jumped off the rocks for a few years and am not sure what got in to me this year... I think I like proving to myself that I'm still young enough to be adventurous.

Believe it or not, Steve and Alex did not coordinate their outfits here on purpose!


The fishing must've been good this year as my brother Brett shows the catch of the day!


Alex was always trying to include himself in the ongoing round of hacky-sack... or "hack-sacky" as Alex called it.


The whole gang....
I'm so glad we have a family where all the cousins get along perfectly and love spending time together. With everyone growing up, getting married, going on missions, etc. I'm cherishing these moments even more, as I know they won't last forever.
2 comments:
What a fun, fun trip! You guys are always doing such fun things! We need to get together - what is the rest of your summer like?
That looks like such a fun time!
Post a Comment