Saturday, May 31, 2008

I don't mean to brag but...



With Steph's first year of high school coming to an end, I thought I'd share (at the risk of sounding like an obnoxious parent!) a few of her accomplishments she's received in the past week. Tuesday she was so excited to find out she had "lettered" in softball (meaning that since she played in a few Varsity games, she gets credit towards a Varsity letter). She had been hoping to letter as a Sophomore and it was a great surprise.
Thursday, she received a "K-Activity Award", given to students who earn points and nominations from their teachers due to good grades and involvement in school.


Friday, she was notified that she was accepted to serve on the Student Activities Council next year. She was a student body officer in junior high and is excited to be involved in school government again because she had such a great experience and made such good friends doing it before.


What a nice way to end the school year. We're very proud of her and hope she continues to work hard and stay focused over the next 2 years!

One more thing...she recently started working at Cold Stone and is really enjoying it. Before she started the job, she was dreading having to sing the silly songs whenever someone gives them a tip. Now that she's come home several nights with a nice wad of dollar bills in her pocket, she's willing to sing her little heart out! (That's the Fort Union store, f.y.i.)

6 comments:

The Lymans said...

Way to go, Stephanie! Mmm, ice cream...I may have to go in and get her to sing!

The Waldron Family said...

WOW, you must be so proud. Way to go! Good to see those boys who are taking her to all these dances aren't interfering!

Mmmmmm. Fort Union Cold Stone..I was craving that this weekend..I am for sure going to go now! I never knew they sang with tips.

April Kennedy said...

Lana,

Stephenie is a beautiful girl....on the inside too! Wow, that is great she is doing so well in high school. Go on and brag...be proud of it! Keep up the good work, Steph. Great memories can be made in high school if involved in the right activities....sounds like you are well on your way!

April

Unknown said...

Mmm, I'll have to go and tip her. I can't believe how GROWN up she is! Where does the time go? She makes ME feel OLD! Congrats Steph!

Rachelle said...

That is awesome. YOu should brag about her, those are amazing awards. :) BTW, those baseball pictures are so cute. He is so handsome!

Brett & Honnelore said...

Nice job Stephanie! You have every right to be a proud mom and dad. We'll have to make a trip up to Cold Stone and be sure to tip.